Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hackintosh Asus A8Js Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and Update 10,6.7

I have laptop Asus A8Js since 2006, I have laptop Asus A8Js since 2006, and is still running. And even better than some new portable (in terms of work, not for video games).
 
 In A8Js I use as a base operating system Fedora Linux, and is quite stable and fast. A major advantage of using Linux instead of Windows, is that I can work better with a more OfficeLibre and fluidity. Windows always has a rule to consume resources, even if it is not doing anything, always has a feature to consume the CPU. On Linux I end / set all kinds of services and resources. In Windows there may be services that can not turn off, even temporarily.

What wee need:

  • Mac OS X Snow Leopard Install DVD (I use Snow Leopard 10.6.3)
  • BootCD  I recommend iBoot Legacy. Tge BootCD is to be able to read and recognize the mac partition system. The installation DVD is a system that is only used by Mac
  • Blank CD to burn iBoot.
  • Patience
Working:
  • Bluetooh             (no kext needed)
  • Ethernet              (no kext needed)
  • Sound                 (kext: voodoohda - High Definition Audio (HDA) )
  • Sleep/Hibernate (kext:  SleepEnabler.kext)
  • Keyboard
  • DVD
  • USB ports
  • USB  Keyboard
  • USB Mouse
Not Working:
  • Wireless  (I do not bother to look for the kext)
  •  Touch pad (i use a usb mouse)
Not tested:
  • WebCam
  • Mic
Before i begin, i remove any usb peripherals besides keyboard and mouse. It was not necessary to change anything in bios.

I turned on the computer with the iBoot. I waited to start the boot. I removed the iBoot and insert the DVD installation of OS X. And pressed the F5 button to search for new units iBoot (usb / dvd).

I chose the installation dvd. Without entering any special commands in iBoot.

I waited to start the installation, and follow the steps that were required in the installation by the end of the installation. And the installation went without any problems, or kernel panic.


After creating the user the first thing I did was turn off automatic updates. Because the update damages the hackintosh.

The second was install multibeast. The option I chose in the installation was EasyBeast, which installs what is needed.

 EasyBeast is a DSDT-free solution for any Core/Core2/Core i system. It installs all of the essentials to allow your system to boot from the hard drive. Audio, Graphics and Network will have to be enabled separately.


After installing multibeast installed the Kext for sound, and solve the problem of sleep and off correctly.

My laptop running 10.6.3



A8Js Snow Leopard 10.6.3
A8Js Snow Leopard 10.6.3
A8Js Snow Leopard 10.6.3
A8Js Snow Leopard 10.6.3

Update Snow Leopard 10.6.3 for Snow Leopard 10.6.7

After successfully installing the 10.6.3 update I chose install combo update 10.6.7.

Updates on hackintosh should never be made automatically. You should download the combo update and do the update manually.


What wee need:
Working:
  • Bluetooh             (no kext needed)
  • Ethernet              (no kext needed)
  • Sound                 (no kext needed)
  • Sleep/Hibernate (kext for 10.6.7:  SleepEnabler.kext)
  • Keyboard
  • DVD
  • USB ports
  • USB  Keyboard
  • USB Mouse
Not Working:
  • Wireless  (I do not bother to look for the kext)
  • Touch pad (i use a usb mouse)
Not tested:
  • WebCam
  • Mic 
  •  
After doing the update manually, never, never go RESET. 
  1. Reinstall multibeast 
  2. Reinstall Kext. On my Asus, I had to install dedicated SleepEnabler.kext version 10.6.7
tonymacx86 MultiBeast demo



And finally restarted the Laptop and it's all working.


10.6.8 Working whit Mac Apple Store
10.6.8 Working whit Mac Apple Store
Asus A8Js Snow Leopard 10.6.7
Asus A8Js Snow Leopard 10.6.7

 Update Snow Leopard 10.6.7 for Snow Leopard 10.6.8

This update will be for another day. Because the kernel and kext 10.6.8 Snow Leopard suffered a lot of changes.

And for this reason at the hard drive, I will create a partition for testing, re-install Snow Leopard on this partition, and test the update and find out what are the kext I have to change and if I have to put a kernel with patches.

No comments:

Post a Comment