Saturday, July 14, 2012

Mac OS X 10.6.8 on EeePC 1000h

After several, but even huge attempts. Finally I managed to successfully install Mac OS X 10.6.8 on EeePC 1000h.

Just got it to work with a clean installation. I installed 10.6.3, then updated directly to 10.6.7 without kernel hack / Pacht. Only in 10.6.8 is that I had to install the Kernel Hack.

As a result, everything works 100%. Sound, Wifi, FN keys on the keyboard, Apple Mac Store.


The only problem is that is slow in terms of work, even with maximum RAM, 2GB. Not so fast compared to Linux or Windows XP. But it's faster than Windows Vista. :-)

When comparing the speed  WIndows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6.8. The result is the same.





EeePC: 1000h with Mac OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard

 EeePC: 1000h with Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard






Unfortunately I will not explain how I did. I will create a tutorial and explain the new post. Because, a simply mistake and you need to do it again.  Unless you always make a backup of Kext and again by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment